THE TEXAS RESTAURANT PROMISE
The restaurant industry has an outstanding track record of protecting our employees and guests. To ensure everyone’s safety as we welcome you back into our dining rooms, we ask that we make the following promises to each other:
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
- • We will continue to be a leader in safe sanitation practices with all team members certified in safe food handling and a certified manager on every shift.
- • All employees will pass a health check or complete a health survey prior to each shift.
- • All indoor and outdoor seating options will comply with the appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- • Hand sanitizer or hand washing stations will be available to all customers and employees.
- • We will clean and sanitize common areas and surfaces regularly.
- • We will clean and sanitize each dining area after every use.
- • Place settings, utensils, menus, and condiments will either be single-use or will be cleaned and sanitized after every use.
- • We will post the Texas Restaurant Promise at our entrances so everyone understands the steps we must all take to keep our communities safe.
YOUR PROMISE TO US
- • If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please help us keep everyone safe by using our contactless delivery options.
- • If you have underlying health conditions or are otherwise concerned about contracting COVID-19, please feel free to use our contactless delivery options.
- • You agree to follow the social distancing and sanitary guidelines that have been put in place to protect you and our other customers and employees.
- • If you have any questions about the Texas Restaurant Promise, please ask for a manager who will be happy to assist you.
Welcome To Hays City
Hays City Store first opened in the early ’80’s as a gas station and convenience store at the intersection that was at one time the town of Hays City (1908). The store was a blessing to area residents who were grateful to not have to drive to neighboring towns for gas and household essentials. A café was added in the 90’s and folks loved their breakfast and lunch counter!
Fast forward to March 2015 – a propitious chain of events, hard work, fate and good luck… Hays City Store re-opened as a full service restaurant and bar featuring scratch made Texas comfort food, hand crafted cocktails, and local – beers, spirits and wine. The decision to keep the name “Hays City Store” was not difficult, as it had been known so for over 30 years.
Hays City Store underwent another transformation in October 2017 and this time the name DID change a little – now to Hays City Store & Ice House. Owners Tamra & Travis Tindol had a good problem on their hands – the need for more space. So, The Ice House was added to the property and with it more bar and cocktail seating, a draft beer system with 40 taps, 5 TVs for sports enthusiasts and a wood fire pizza oven. A stage was built near the outdoor oak shaded beer garden and live music can be enjoyed several nights a week. Hays City Store & Ice House has something for everyone. We hope to see you again soon!
Hays City Store is located at the intersection of FM 150 and FM 3237 between Kyle and Wimberley and is a short drive from San Marcos, Dripping Springs, Buda and South Austin. Open 7 days a week. Don’t forget to visit the Hays City Store Facebook page to learn about daily specials.
Hand crafted cocktails
Fresh Ingredients, Quality Taste
Wed: $8 Mexican Martinis,
Ice House and Pizza Kitchen
(Full Menu Available)
Monday 4 – 9
Tuesday 4 – 9
Wednesday 4 – 9
Thursday 4 – 10
Friday 4 – 10
Saturday 12 – 10
Sunday 12 – 9
Hays City Store News!
At Hays City Store we’re all family, and as family we like to stay in touch! Visit us on Facebook to see what we are up to and our daily specials along side our nightly live music!
Hours of Operation
Sunday thru Wednesday
11:00am – 9:00pm
Thurs – Sat
11:00am – 10:00pm
11:00am – 9:00pm
No Brunch Menu for now.
Give us a call